Assay Development Scientist (Microbiology)
- Ness Ziona
about this position
BiomX is a leading Israeli biotech company developing microbiome-based novel therapeutics.
We are looking for a highly motivated experienced scientist to join our Assay Development team. The team utilizes a variety of research tools applied for microbiome research, product development and clinical study.
By joining this team, you will be part of our Assay Development Unit: a unique group of biologists, developing multiple microbiology, molecular biology, and biochemical assays for phage therapy in various human diseases.
The job requires development, validation, and execution of various microbiology-based assays including:
-Planning and performing experiments using variety of microbiology techniques
-Working with a variety of microorganisms: bacteria and phages.
-Working with physiological samples: stool, saliva, blood, sputum, skin swabs and biopsies.
-Recording, analyzing, and interpreting data
-Protocols, reports, and SOP preparation.
-Keeping up with current knowledge by reviewing the findings and scientific literature.
-Work with CROs worldwide – Design experiments, tech transfer methods and follow validation and clinical studies
- Minimum requirements (Please apply only if you match all the following)
- M.Sc./Ph.D. in Life Sciences or equivalent field.
- M.Sc. with at least 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in development of complexed microbiology assays
- Human-associated microbiology experience is an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good communication and excellent interpersonal relationships
- Highly motivated, well adapting to changes and willing to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability for multitasking and work under pressure
- Fluent in English (Reading, writing and oral presentation)
- Nice-to-have requirement’s
Molecular biology experience (qPCR, NGS)
- Experience in biochemistry-based techniques (ELISA, Western blots, Mass spectrometry)
Previous experience in a GxP environment
- Tech transfer of developed protocols to external labs
- Please submit your resume in English.