Scientist for Assay Development (Molecular Biology)
- Ness Ziona
about this position
BiomX is a leading Israeli biotech company developing microbiome-based novel therapeutics. We are looking for a highly-motivated experienced M.Sc.-level scientist to join our Assay Development team. The team utilizes a variety of research tools including qPCR and NGS applied for microbiome research and product development. By joining this team, you will be part of our Assay Development Unit: a unique group of biologists, developing multiple microbiology and molecular biology assays for phage therapy in various human diseases.
The job requires development, validation and execution of various molecular biology applications, including DNA/RNA isolation from microbiome samples, qPCR, NGS and others.
- M.Sc in molecular biology with at least 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Expertise in development of complexed molecular biology and / or microbiological assays
- Highly experienced in qPCR (Taqman, SYBR)
- Ability for multitasking and work under pressure
- Fluent English (written and spoken) Nice-to-have requirement’s
- Previous hands-on experience in NGS libraries preparation for Illumina platforms / Nanopore / Pacbio- Advantage
- Familiarity with microbiological methods - Have previously worked with environmental or clinical bacteria in microbiological assays- Advantage
- Lab experience in a GxP environment -Advantage
- Previous work using HTP systems (automated systems / robotics)-Advantage